When the Christmas prep is in full swing, quick and easy recipes to fry, bake, roast and grill with an air fryer goes a long way. Now we would recommend several healthy air fried dishes and dessert which require some cooking skills. Hope you can enjoy the Christmas Day with delicious fried food made by Air Fryers.
Appetizer – Air Fried Coconut Shrimp
- 1-pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup flour
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup fine breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- zest of one lime
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Spray can of vegetable or canola oil
- Sweet chilli sauce or duck sauce (for serving)
- Set up a dredging station with 3 shallow dishes. Place the flour in the first shallow dish and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Whisk the eggs in the second shallow dish.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, coconut, lime zest, salt and cayenne pepper in the third shallow dish.
- Preheat the air fryer to 205-degree C.
- Dredge each shrimp in the flour, then dip it in the egg mixture, and press it into the breadcrumb-coconut mixture to coat all sides.
- Place the breaded shrimp on a plate and spray on all sides with vegetable oil.
- Air fry the shrimp in two batches, being sure not to over-crowd the food plate.
- Air fry at 205-degree C for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the shrimp is firm when you squeeze it gently. Repeat with the second batch of shrimp.
- Lower the temperature of the air fryer to 170-degree C. place the first batch of shrimp into the food plate with the second batch already in the food plate and air fry for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce, duck sauce or just eat them plain.
Main Meal – Air Fried Turkey Breast
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Whole turkey breast, thawed if frozen
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat air fryer to 180-degree C.
- Brush the olive oil all over the turkey breast.
- Combine the thyme, sage, paprika, salt and pepper and rub the outside of the turkey breast with the spice mixture.
- Transfer the seasoned turkey breast to the air fryer food plate and air fry at 180-degree C for 25 minutes. Turn the turkey breast on its side and air fry for another 12 minutes. Turn the turkey breast on the opposite side and air fry for another 12 minutes. The internal temperature of the turkey breast should reach 80-degree C when fully cooked.
- While the turkey is air-frying, combine the maple syrup, mustard and butter in a small saucepan. When the cooking time is up, return the turkey breast to an upright position and brush the glaze all over the turkey. Air fry for a final 5 minutes, until the skin is nicely browned and crispy. Let the turkey rest, loosely tented with foil, for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Side Dish – Air Fried Potato
- 6 potatoes
- 1 red onion or 2 spring onions
- 6-8 slices salami or chorizo
- ½ red pepper
- 3.5 oz peas
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs, like chives, parsley or tarragon
- Pepper & salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 200-degree C.
- Scrub the potato skins thoroughly until clean, then dry them with kitchen paper.
- Place the potatoes on the food plate of the air fryer. Slide the food plate into the air fryer and set the timer for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, finely chop the onion. Cut the salami and red pepper into bite-sized pieces. Boil the peas for a few minutes until done. Rinse them under cold water, then drain and set aside.
- When the time is up and the potatoes are done, set them aside until they are cool enough to handle. Slice the top off each potato. Gently scoop the fluffy insides into a bowl.
- Mash the fluffy potato insides with the sour cream using a fork. Mix in the salami, pepper, peas and the fresh herbs, if using. Season with pepper and salt. Fill the baked potatoes with the mixture.
Dessert – Air Fried Fruitcake
- All-purpose flour – 100 grams
- Sugar, powdered – 100 grams
- Eggs – 2 eggs
- Butter – 100 grams
- Dry Fruits – 100 grams
- Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp
- Caraway seeds – ¼ tsp
- Ginger powder – pinch
- Cinnamon powder – pinch
- Baking powder – pinch
- Preheat the air fryer to 180-degree for 2 mins, lightly grease the cake tin and line it with a double layer of baking parchment
- Cream the butter with a hand blender in a mixing bowl. When it’s soft, add the powdered sugar little by little and keep blend till it is light and fluffy
- Add a little vanilla essence and the egg mixture and whisk together
- Add flour, dry fruits, caraway seeds, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, baking powder and mix till it is blended well
- Take the flour and the butter mixture and slowly fold together
- Pour this cake tin into the air fryer and bake it for about 15 minutes at 180-degree C
- After 15 minutes, pull out the tray, insert a skewer to check if the cake is ready. If it comes out clean, it is done and you can take it out and cool
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar over it.
It’s perfect to create tasty, yet healthy Christmas recipes for your family with the efficient and discounted Maxkon multi-purpose air fryer oven.
If you have a big family, you can create more Christmas delicious cuisine by air fryer to cater for each one’s favour. if you want to get more air fryer dinner recipes, you can also read the article: http://blog.crazysales.com.au/tips-tricks/cooking-tips/five-airfryer-recipes-what-can-you-cook-in-an-air-fryer